Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Charlie Daniels


For Gun Owners

If you've read this column for very long you know that I rarely ever ask anybody to support any cause, but there is an emergency developing in this nation and as usual the media is ignoring it and I feel it is urgent to get the word out.

There is currently a bill making it's way through Congress, it is called H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 and it is designed for no other reason but to restrict gun ownership and make it difficult and expensive to buy ammunition.

In my humble opinion the milksops on Capitol Hill are trying to slip this one through without attracting any attention.

If you are a gun owner, as I am, and believe you have a Constitutional right to own firearms, as I do, and don't trust the Congress of the United States to protect that right, which I don't. I'm going to ask you to take just a few minutes of your time and do what I'm doing.

I am writing to every Congressman and Senator who represents Tennessee, where I live, and asking them some simple questions.

I am going to do it with hard copies through the regular mail but you can do it by email if you want, although I think the actual letters have more impact and then if and when they answer you have an actual signature.

It's really a very simple letter to make your representatives declare themselves on this issue, here's what I'm writing.

Dear Congressman/Senator whoever:

I am extremely concerned about the climate in Washington concerning firearms control.

In this day of rampant crime, home invasion and potential terrorist attacks, We The People need to know what our elected officials are thinking on the subject.

So I ask, with all due respect, and please don't parse or elaborate, a simple sentence or two will suffice. Where do you stand on gun owner's rights, and do you or will you support H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009?

Anxiously awaiting your honest response.

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

The reason for doing this is to make the people we hire to represent us take a stand one way or another, and at least we'll know who the enemy is.

Charlton Heston was a great American and a proud gun owner, which didn't sit too well with some the Hollywood crowd. I have no way of verifying it but I heard that when the Rodney King riots started in Los Angeles some of Mr. Heston's detractors were calling him wanting to know if he had an extra gun they could borrow.

It's funny how fast idealism bows to self-preservation when push comes to shove.

This is serious, folks; and I cannot sound the alarm loudly enough. I urge you to at least hold elected officials responsible or one of these days we'll wake up and only criminals and terrorists will have guns.

Pray for our troops.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment